Coping With COVID-19
Coping with COVID-19
Over 6.3 million people have died worldwide from the coronavirus, and over 1 million in the USA. New cases are still reported around the globe.
In 1939, the British government was preparing for war and to raise morale they produced a poster which said, “Keep Calm and Carry On.” In the New Testament, Jesus calls us to put on God’s full armor and to depend on Him, not ourselves. Christ urges us to be strong in His mighty power, not our own strength.1 If I made a poster it would say: “Keep Calm, Trust in the Lord, and Do Good” based on Psalm 37:3.
In these days of COVID-19 we face a different kind of adversity and assault than World War II. But Christ still commands, “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.”2 Satan aims to dis-courage us, make us anxious, fearful, worried, depressed, and stressed. When troubles come and bad news hits, the Lord wants to replace our fear with confidence in Him, to replace worry with faith in Christ, to replace anxiety with Jesus’ peace.
These previously-written articles, with the Holy Spirit’s blessing, can encourage us as we face the trials of COVID-19 and other crises together. The people who know their God shall stand firm and take action.3
These items are listed in alphabetical order to make them easy to find. There is overlap and repetition since they are drawn from teaching and pastoral ministry at different times and places and to different audiences.
Notes: 1 Eph 6:10-18. 2 1 Cor 16:13. 3 Daniel 11:32.
- Accepted by God Our Father
- Accepted in God’s Beloved Son
- All Your Anxieties
- Bold Praying (Part 1)
- Bold Praying (Part 2)
- Bold Praying (Part 3)
- Celebrating the Lord Using Psalm 104 (Part 1)
- Celebrating the Lord Using Psalm 104 (Part 2)
- Celebrating the Lord Using Psalm 104 (Part 3)
- Celebrating the Lord Using Psalm 104 (Part 4)
- Celebrating the Lord Using Psalm 104 (Part 5)
- Celebrating the Lord Using Psalm 104 (Part 6)
- Christ is My Helper (Part 1)
- Christ is My Helper (Part 2)
- Christ is My Helper (Part 3)
- Christ Changes the Calendar
- Christ is My Rock
- Christ is My Hope, My Trust, My Confidence
- Christ is My Strong Tower
- Christ is My Inheritance
- Christ the Great Reverser
- Christ’s Way of Mercy
- Did Christ Descend into Hell?
- Free in Jesus, but Never Independent of Him
- God Designs the Detours
- God’s Wonderful Gift (Part 1)
- God’s Wonderful Gift (Part 2)
- Hiding In Jesus
- Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost?
- Jesus-like Love (Part 1)
- Jesus-like Love (Part 2)
- Jesus-like Love (Part 3)
- Jesus-like Love (Part 4)
- Jesus-like Love (Part 5)
- Jesus-like Love (Part 6)
- Jesus’ Blessing (Part 1)
- Jesus’ Blessing (Part 2)
- Jesus’ Blessing (Part 3)